Parade of Lights
BRIDGESTONE AWARD "Best in Ireland 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Creating memories and bespoke ceremonies
ARDFINNAN GAA CLUB, located at the foot of Knockmealdown Mountains Ardfinnan GAA Club was formed in 1910 and was known at that time as the magpies because of their black and white jerseys. A collection was made to purchase a new set of jerseys in 1911 with the new colours of green with a white band and a white shamrock. The white shamrock still remains on the jersey to this day. The club was first affiliated to South Tipperary GAA Board as a junior team. The club first entered the South Senior Championship in 1914 having won the County Intermediate title in 1913 the club’s first adult title. In 1920 Grange entered the South Championship as a junior team but by the early 30’s Ardfinnan GAA Club comprised of players from Ardfinnan, Grange and Ballybacon with the hurling Club formed in 1928 being called Ballybacon-Grange. In 1934 the club won the South and County Junior Football title and in 1935 won its first South and County Senior Football titles repeating that senior success again in 1939. Whilst the 1950’s were promising it was the 1960’s and early 70’s that was the golden era of the club on the GAA fields. The club won the South & County Senior Football titles three in a row in 1962, 63 and 64.
South and County Senior titles were also won in 1970 & 1974. Also, during this period club won County Minor Football titles in 1961, 62, & 71 whilst also winning U21 title in 1963. In more recent times the Club has won County Titles in, Senior football in 2005, U21 B in 1992 and 2009, U21 A in 1994, Minor A in 2009, Minor B in 2001. At juvenile level won its first South & County title in U15 in 1966 (Co Final after a replay) and the club formed a Juvenile Committee to promote the game in 1980 looking after U12, U14 and U16. County titles were won at U16 in 1995, U14 in 1993 and U12 in 1989 and 1990.