BRIDGESTONE AWARD "Best in Ireland 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Creating memories and bespoke ceremonies
Shannon Foynes Port Company is a commercial state owned Company and is the estuarial port authority with responsibility for the entire Shannon Estuary. In addition to its terminal operations, warehousing and distribution networks, the Company governs the safe passage of all maritime traffic and port activity in the estuary, regularly accommodating vessels up to 200,000 tonnes.
Based at Foynes, but working at various locations around the estuary, this is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a broad range of activities throughout the Port Services Department. The successful candidate’s role will be diverse and flexible. The nature of our business will require work in the evening and at weekends.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Operation of equipment – vehicles, plant and marine craft as required throughout the companies facilities
• Delivery of all port services functions i.e. preparation of jetties and associated equipment, running of lines, attending vessels, waste collection, providing water, cargo handling, security, dock
gate duties, weighbridge, VTS etc.
• General maintenance duties as required including providing assistance to the engineering staff and third party contractors as required
• General cleaning duties, including port machinery, buildings and the overall port estate
• Maintain plant, operational and EHS (Environmental, Health & Safety) records and reports as required
• Participating in Emergency response activities
• A current valid EU Driving License and the ability to work as part of a small diverse team are essential
• Ideal candidates will have completed and apprenticeship in a relevant Trade and / or have experience in the operation/maintenance of heavy plant
• Experience of operating marine craft is desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will be required to be flexible in the range of duties to be performed.
Applications should include a full CV and must be received by Monday, 24th June 2013. Applications by email should be sent to .
Postal applications should be sent to Melior Management, Asgard, Bushyisland Road, Drombanna, Co. Limerick.
Canvassing will disqualify. Requests for information on the progress of an application must be made only be the applicant to Melior Management (email / phone 061-311700).
information on Shannon Foynes Port Company see our website www.sfpc.ie