BRIDGESTONE AWARD "Best in Ireland 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Creating memories and bespoke ceremonies
WHERE: ABBEY COURT HOTEL, NENAGH CO TIPPERARY
WHEN: TUESDAY 24TH JULY
TIME : 5:00PM - 8:00PM
· One in four people will need a blood transfusion at some point in their lives
· Only 5% of the population are regular blood donors
· Over 1,000 Irish people receive transfusions every week in Ireland
· One car accident victim may require up to 30 units of blood, a bleeding ulcer could require anything between 3-30 units of blood and a coronary artery bypass may use between 1-5 units of blood.
· Approximately 70,000 patients will have transfusions in Irish hospitals this year
· 3,000 blood donors are needed each week in Ireland
· A unit of blood lasts for just 35 days.
· Some blood packs for new born babies or cancer treatment only lasts for 5 days
· There is no substitute for human blood.
· The IBTS supplies 71 hospitals in Ireland with blood and blood products 365 days a year.