BRIDGESTONE AWARD "Best in Ireland 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Creating memories and bespoke ceremonies
You have two opportunities to donate blood and save a life
WHEN: Monday 21st November, 2016
TIME: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
WHEN: Tuesday 22nd, Wednesday 23rd & Thursday 24th November, 2016.
TIME: 5:00pm - 8:00pm each day.
Help Save a Life…......GIVE BLOOD
For further details check our website www.giveblood.ie or contact us on 061 - 306980.
One in four people will need a blood transfusion at some point in their lives.
• Only 5% of the population are regular blood donors
• Over 1,000 Irish people receive transfusions every week in Ireland
• One car accident victim may require up to 30 units of blood, a bleeding ulcer could require anything between 3-30 units of blood and a coronary artery bypass may use between 1-5 units of blood.
• Approximately 70,000 patients will have transfusions in Irish hospitals this year
• 3,000 blood donors are needed each week in Ireland
• A unit of blood lasts for just 35 days.
• Some blood packs for new born babies or cancer treatment only lasts for 5 days
• There is no substitute for human blood.
• The IBTS supplies 71 hospitals in Ireland with blood and blood products 365 days a year.